Are you ready to move to the next level in your studio practice?
Do you want some accountability and focus?
Are you at a crossroads in your work and not sure where to go next?
Do you want personal feedback and guidance?
Working one-on-one with a mentor gives the artist the opportunity to challenge themselves and push their work to the next level. It's for anyone who wants to learn or refine techniques, concentrate on conceptual development, and get individual feedback. The focus is on the artist's specific interests and can be addressed with an extended program. Sue offers personalized programs designed to help clarify and further your particular goals.
- Conceptual development and goal setting.
- Finding the elements that run through your work and finding your unique voice.
- Developing a cohesive body of work.
- How to utilize materials to best express your ideas.
- Instruction and refinement of painting with encaustic - could include introduction of new techniques or troubleshooting existing ones.
- Feedback on 2D or 3D work.
- Portfolio and website review.
- Artist statement and bio writing and refinement.
- Developing a color palette.
- Working in a series or in modules.
- explore your ideas and influences.
- get assignments that lead you to discover new solutions.
- re-visit art fundamentals.
- learn to self-evaluate.
- look at your work objectively and critically.
- expand your library of contemporary and art historical resources.
- be challenged to grow, dig deep and move out of your comfort zone.
How do I schedule my first meeting?
Upon purchasing, I will contact you via email and I'll send you some questions. After that, we will set up a time for our first meeting.
How often do we meet?
You have the option to meet weekly, biweekly, or monthly, whatever works best for you. If you would like to work on a 'as needed' basis, I would recommend using the 6 meetings within 6 months.
Is our session recorded so I can review it later?
All mentoring sessions take place on Zoom unless you live locally and can do in person. The meeting can be recorded if you like.
Can I purchase coaching more than once?
Absolutely! I often have artists purchase the Extended Study on an on-going basis. When working with someone over a longer period of time, we build a history to draw upon from each other.