With just 5 colors and featuring R&F Encaustic Paints, in this self-guided video Susan will show you how to mix hundreds of colors in a simple, systematic way. Some of the chapters include how to mix transparencies, tints, tones and shades. We'll mix secondary and tertiary colors, earth tones, and blacks and grays. We will experiment with color harmonies and ways to tone down a color. Susan will also give you tips on mixing larger amounts of color for use in your studio.
- Find yourself using the same colors over and over.
- Are looking to learn about or refresh your knowledge of color theory.
- Want to discover new color combinations.
- Would like to create a reference of color mixtures.
- Want to learn about color harmonies.
- Want to experiment with transparency and opacity.
- Want some tips on how to mix larger amounts of color.
One time payment
Excavating the ideas that inform your work is an important element of Susan’s teaching. She helps you focus on the “why” of your work while you master technical skills. Take advantage of her extensive background in a variety of media including textiles, painting and sculpture. Susan’s insightful suggestions will help you open up new ways of seeing things. She is interested in connecting histories, personal and cultural, to each student's intentions and concepts. As a teacher, she delights in these moments of awakening in her students. She is eager to help you discover and use the best materials to express your ideas. You will marvel at how easily Susan moves between mediums integrating 2D and 3D elements in her work and you will find inspiration in how you can also incorporate that agility into your own practice. Susan Stover is a R&F Paints Core Instructor and a Silver Brush Educator.Email